Dinner and cards

Had a great time with my buddies last night. Joining Matt and I at Matt's house, were Scott and Dave, Bugs, and Dog and Wally. I fixed elk loin, Matt did elk burgers, beans and taters. Good "guy meal", then poker afterward. Couple of beers/cocktails thrown in. Strange night at poker table, where I went for over 2 hours without a win. Good thing was, not many 2nd places either. Just didn't get the cards. But still had a good time. Bugs brought his traveling knife sale and I think everyone bought at least one. I didn't need one, but got one anyway, 'cause he can use the $$. Canadian fishing trip plans under way for next summer w/the guys. Has been a while and we all miss it. Looks like Shadd Lake in July. Hope Wally's OK. He was a little strange last night. Even for Wally...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Let me know when that trip is gonna happen. I would love to make it if I can.
Fam Guy said…
You bet. Soon as we get anything definite, I'll let you know. Looks like July, but not sure when. Is gonna be a fairly large sized group, it looks like, and if you and any of your buds can join, it'll just be better.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?