I miss her

I took Carol to the airport early Thursday morning, when she left to visit her sister in Chicago. I knew it would be different around here, but did not realize HOW different. During the course of an average year, I spend many days/nights away from home. With fishing and hunting trips, golf outings and occasional disaster insurance jobs, Carol gets rid of me quite often, and I imagine she has gotten used to it, and prob'ly looks forward to it. I, on the other hand, VERY seldom am "Home Alone". I don't think I like it. TOO quiet. Kari is at Ted's, ( I think they are looking at houses today), but at least I have the kitties to play with. Without Bella and Sophie providing entertainment with their "herd of buffalo" runs across the floor and their twisting, turning flying leaps, I would actually have to get out and do something. Still might. Did get a book yesterday, and it's pretty good already. I like Steven White, a local author, whose books are set in this area. "The Best Revenge" is currently taking place in the Boulder/Lafayette area. Places I know well. Will give review when I complete it. My blog mentor, Laura, is always reviewing books, so that must be permissable blog fodder. If not, too bad.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
You know what steve, I miss her an awful lot myself. I miss those hugs I would get all the time, those soft lips and beautiful blue eyes. The feeling of her arms wrap around my body.OOOOObaby
Fam Guy said…
Carol just read it w/me. She hit me and said "Poop heads"

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?