Fish o' the day


I caught this alligator gar from the dock at Bob's Bayou Black Marina when I was living outside Houma, LA, last year. I was over 15 miles from nearest grocery store and would often toss a line into bayou, (could literally cast into water from my front door) and catch catfish for dinner. Yum yum. But, occasionally something HUGE would take my bait and either break my line, or once, even pulled my fishing pole out of the rod holder into the swamp. Lost my favorite ultralite rod/reel that way. Didn't know at the time what was out there, but caught this little gar and later met Jason, a professional fisherman, who caught gar for a living. Up to 200 pounders. MONSTERS. Anyway, that's the fish o' the day story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?