Stranger in a Strange Land


Just started that book. I never read sci-fi, but had heard good things about it, and "Atlas Shrugged" wasn't in the library. Am about 100 pages into it and so far, like it. Speaking of liking it, just saw "Inside Man", a movie w/Denzel Washington, Jody Foster, Wilem Defoe, etc. FANTASTIC movie. I want to see it again. An amazing story. The other news of the day, I finally got my printer working. I have 3 HP printers and none of them could be installed. I tried everything I knew, and so did Ted, who's pretty good at that stuff. We wasted hours and hours. I called a computer repairman I found on Craig's List who came over and worked over 2 hrs. Long story short, my AOL security program, automatically downloaded by them, screwed it all up. Just passing this on in case anyone else has a similar problem. The more I hear of AOL, the more I hear about stuff like this. Am gonna get a new ISP. (Note, the picture goes with the title of the book)

Comments

Fam Guy said…
Kari reminded me, as she loves to do whenever I make a mistake, that 'never' is not the right word for my sci-fi reading. I've read all of Ender and the the "Dark Tower" series, not to mention "Dreamcatcher", and such. Anyway, it's not my normal genre, although I do occasionally enjoy it.
Anonymous said…
Yay! The printer is working (finally). I can't stand AOL, though it seems like Norton Antivirus also screws up a lot of stuff on my computer (according to Nate).

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?