We hoped and prayed,


she'd make it through the holidays. And, bless her heart, she did. Just barely. I suppose I could have delayed another couple of days, but I hurt when she hurts. It would be different if she had a chance of recovery, but after a long talk with Dr Gussman this morning, we decided to end her suffering. It only gets worse from here, and putting it off isn't gonna make it any easier. She's still here, on my lap, for the next few minutes, then gone forever. I'm sure gonna miss her, and if I had it all to do over, am not sure if all the good was worth all this bad. But, for her sake, I'm glad we were able to love and spoil her these last days. She was born with this genetic death sentence, and never really had a chance, but sure managed to steal some hearts along the way. Wouldn't have guessed I could feel this way about a kitty/cat, but she is/was special. We knew it the instant we saw her, after spending many hours looking at every available kitty we could find. Their was never a doubt, from that very first look. The prettiest kitty ever. Sophie, hope you get your energy back, in kitty heaven. I know you'll be the prettiest one there......

Comments

Anonymous said…
We are so sorry about Sophie, but we do know she had the perfect family!
Fam Guy said…
Thank you so much, my friends, can't explain why I feel such a loss here, but it is real...
Anonymous said…
I am so sorry to hear about Sophie. I know how much you'll miss her (as we all will). She truly was one of the sweetest cats I've ever met. You and Carol are such good pet parents. Sophie was as lucky to have you as you were to have her.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?