Am watching

a program on TV, about the 'Boomer Generation', and just realized what an effect it had on me and my generation. Our heroes, JFK, RFK, and Martin Luther King, who stood up for what we believed, were all shot and killed. If you weren't there, you can't understand what that meant. It was 'us verses them'. Smoke pot, go to jail, for 20 years. YES, that's how it was. Viet Nam, fight their war, or go to jail. Thank God, it has 'kind of' changed. We have Bush, and his war, not NEARLY as bad, but, the same kinda crap. Please, stand up for what is right. The older you get, the more important it becomes. There is RIGHT and WRONG. Killing, for economic reasons, is WRONG. Hopefully we have come to understand this simple fact. Some people have not. Please, let us separate ourselves from 'them' and their sins. Stand up for what is RIGHT. Sorry for preaching, but some things need to be said....

Comments

Anonymous said…
I recorded it and Don and I watched it yesterday. My whole childhood the Vietnam War (never declared a war)was going on. Remember POW's, MIA's. I still have a bracelet of a name of a soldier who was MIA. Even though I didn't ever meet him or know if he was found he touched my heart!
No more torture! No more War!

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?