Heard "Aqualung"

on the radio last night and it got me thinking. Between working, and just attending, LOTS of concerts, I have been asked which one was my favorite. Many jump to mind, including the last Bob Seger, a Who concert where a new band called Lynyrd Skynyrd opened for them, the first time I saw Led Zepplin, and a few others. BUT, my all-time favorite, and I'm not sure why, is a Jethro Tull show. What made this one different/really great, was the format. They opened with 'Aqualung', the entire album, in sequence, took a break, did the 'Thick as a Brick', as an album, took a break and came back with highlights of all the other albums. We worked several shows with them and I, and the crowd, REALLY got off on it. Ian Anderson was a master showman, and the lead guitar, (don't even remember his name), was fantastic. I used to have a blue denim shirt, that Carol spent MANY hours embroidering, and it was really cool. The lead guitar of JT wanted to buy it from me, and kept offering me more $$ for it. I never sold it, and still have it, packed away, somewhere. Those were the days, my friend....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?