"Twas a good day(for awhile)

Kevin (Laura's dad) and I went skiing at Keystone. Had a great time just talking and skiing on a beautiful Colorado day. Had been home for about 2 minutes when I got a call from Kari, calling from Exempla Hospital, where she was waiting for an ambulance to take her to St Joseph's for surgery on her shunt. Every few years, it seems, the valve implanted in Kari's head, that controls the pressure on her brain, gets clogged. This causes headaches, vision loss and some paralysis. Here we go again. This time it is with a new Dr, though. Dr Winston is not in her insurance group. We are currently waiting (about 6:30 now) to find out if they are gonna do surgery tonight or tomorrow. I don't think I'll ever get used to someone cutting into my little girl's head, but at least I knew and trusted Dr Winston at Children's Hospital. I have seen too many kids in the hospital with a cranial infection to ever stop being scared during this procedure. Also, it always hurts (me) so much to see Kari in pain after the operation. Hopefully this will go well and fast, but time never goes so slowly as when you are wating while a loved one is in surgery. Here we go again.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just wanted to let you and Carol know we are here if you need anything. Hope everything goes well and she is home planning her wedding soon!
Love, Cyndi and Don
Anonymous said…
Thanks Dad. And here we are Thursday and still waiting....

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?