Being too negative lately,

so will try to lighten up, again. I know Bush is a stooge, Dr. Jerkass is incompetent and the housing market is in a swoon, but the world isn't about to end,,,, this week. Bailey is still fun, CROX is coming back and we have the wedding/reception to look forward to. Mexico is gonna be a blast. In the meantime I have read some good books, in case anyone cares. Finished local author, Steven White's, "Dry Ice", which, like all his other books, takes place in/around Boulder. OK, but nothing special. I REALLY like Lee Child, and "Running Blind" is very good, though not as good as "The Hard Way", the first book of his I read. Am saving his other books for the beach, as that is my idea of a fantastic vacation. It's hard to beat good books, a chaise lounge situated between the pool and the ocean, surrounded by friends/ loved ones, and the only decisions to be made concern which snack/drink/water sport is next. I know I'm getting to be an old fart, but that is my idea of a good time these days. Am currently reading "The Constant Princess", recommended by Carol and Laura, although Laura never reads any of my recommendations. ( I even struggled ALL the way thru 'Atlas Shrugged') Anyway, gotta finish the 'princess' books, (even though they're pretty good), before the beach, 'cause I don't want anyone to see me reading that fluff. Gotta admit, I do enjoy the literature based around the year 1500. There was SO much going on then, and historical fiction is even more interesting after visiting London and some of the great Italian cities. Hopefully, people will bring, and share, some good books. Am not sure if I'm gonna take my golf clubs. I can golf here, but is always nice to check out new courses. Decisions, decisions....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry, old guy. You've gotta write recommendations down for me or give them to me. The brain just isn't what it used to be...

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?