We all know,

Carol is SO spoiled. I just got her an Ipod Nano, and Nate loaded it with some GREAT tunes. Anyway, I am hangin' 'round playing music for her while she makes food for Kari's shower tomorrow. Which brings me to THIS song, that's on now. "Little Wing", by Stevie Ray Vaughn. It really takes me back to Houma, LA, and my trailer on the edge of the swamp. This was one of my favorites, at the end of the day, when I'd take a break, about sundown, 'cause that's when the dragonflies would come out. About a hundred of them. BIG, green and blue ones. One of them, who I named Evinrude, adopted me, and would come and land on or beside nearly every evening. I could pet him/her. VERY strange, but I took it as some kind of cosmic sign, not sure what, but I felt like I wasn't alone. SOOOO, whenever I hear "Little Wing", I'm back on the bayou, having a well-earned beer, and Evinrude is letting me know, 'everything's gonna be alright', and it was......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?