Who knew?

Just found out yesterday, from an aquaintance who gets all his news from FOX, a "fact" that I had missed. That surprised me, because I make a real effort to keep up with the news. Not that I'm proud of it, but I just realized my daily routine includes: Waking up to TV news, my "Fav" button takes me from ABC, to CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, and FOX, who has some 'interesting' views. I then read the Rocky Mntn News, pretty thoroughly, before going to my laptop, where I check out the New York Times on-line, then it's on to AOL news, then my favorite source of all, MSN news. There is a lot of duplication, and I obviously don't read it ALL, but I get a very comprehensive slice of 'what's going on', each day. I find most newspaper stories come from on-line news of the day before. I consider myself pretty well informed, as I am a voracious reader and have the time to pursue my addiction to "The News". That's why I was surprised when my aquaintance laughed when someone mentioned global warming. "Didn't you know", he said, "That ALL the planets are rapidly warming, not just earth? It has been scientifically proven, it's not man causing global warming, the SUN is getting hotter." WOW, the stuff I miss by not watching/listening to FOX News, exclusively, like the true disciples of O'Reilly and Limbaugh. One thing I did learn from this Sunday's paper, in an article by Garrison Keillor, was, that there is an 85% correllation between Americans who don't know how long it takes for the earth to make one revolution around the sun and Bush supporters. SURPRISE! Where did you think his support came from, educated people????

Comments

Anonymous said…
... and it sure doesn't help that the sun is so big in the morning AND in the evening

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?