Limoncello

Ted and Kari had 8 lemons leftover from their reception, so I decided to make Limoncello, one of our favorite treats from the Amalfi area. I didn't realize, until I read several recipes, that you use only the outer rind. NOT the lemon itself, and you have to be careful not to get any of the white pulp right under the skin, as that makes it bitter, according to the experts. Anyway, I carefully peeled the lemons and soaked the yellow skin in a combination of vodka and Everclear, shaking it every day. After 2 weeks, you add sugar to water, boil it to make it dissolve, and mix together in the proper proportion. I saved the lemons to make homemade lemonade for the 4th of July party, where my limoncello will be available for tasting. Will see you there. Just got a call from Kit, and heard the honeymooners safely arrived arrived in London, after their cruise. Can't wait to see them and hear of their travels.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
mmmm. Interesting. I hope it tastes better than the bad bottle Nate and I bought in Venice!

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?