A memory I tried to burn into my brain,

as it was happening, kinda worked, cause I can really picture/feel/hear it like it was yesterday. Carol reminded me of it, the other day when, Peter Tosh's reggae version of 'Johnny B. Goode' came on. We were skiing Keystone, on a picture perfect ski day, with fresh snow, a clear blue Rocky Mountain sky, and a 'just right' temperature. I had my I-pod, with the Peter Tosh song cranked, and really got into moving with the music and I schussed down 'Frenchman', one of my favorite runs at Keystone. It had been closed for grooming after the fresh snow, and we were at the top when they opened it for the first run. Had it all to ourselves, in PERFECT conditions. That kind of feeling is what skiing/boarding is all about. Just to be able to lose yourself in the moment, when movement is as effortless as flying. A true rocking chair moment I plan to repeat....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?