I know it's hard to believe,


but I did something really stupid today. Golfing w/Reilly, Homer and Webb (not pictured), I was asked, by Homer, to 'tend' the pin, which means he was WAY far away and he couldn't see the hole, so he needed me to 'tend' it, which meant I should hold the pin until after he putted, then remove it, because if he hits the pin, when putting 'on the green' it is a penalty. Well, he did a full shoulder turn and wacked it. I was mesmerized as it came toward the hole, expecting it to veer off at any moment. It didn't. It died, right in the hole, with the pin still there. I yelled, "WOW, great putt.' Reilly yelled, 'Penalty'. I said, you can't penalize me for spacing out. He said, 'No, penalty on Homer.', (who happened to be Reilly's (JR's) parner, not mine. After a long discussion, settled by the club pro, it was decided it WAS a penalty, not on me, but Homer. Webb and I wanted to overlook it, but JR, a stickler for the rules, prevailed. The best I could do was apologize and offer to pay for his losses. My only excuse, early-onset Alzheimer's...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?