Greatest game ever?

At least from what I've seen, and I (being OLD) have seen a bunch. All things considered, the unlikely winning streak, with a bunch of young guys, the Padres losses this last weekend, the one game wild-card play-off, the bad calls, (home run not counting), being down 2 in the bottom of the 13th, Trevor Hoffman on the mound. Unbelievable!!!. Was lucky enough to be there, with tickets from my buddy Matt. Am still hoarse, with a sore throat, but wouldn't have missed being part of the amazing energy, and cosmic circumstance that was at Coors Field last night. When the home plate ump signalled Matt Holliday, 'SAFE!', the place exploded. From the depths of depression after a 2-run homer, runner on first, no outs, in the top of the 13th, to a WIN. Never been a part of anything like it. Thanks Rockies, and Matt...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Omigod. You were there. I hate you.

Dorrie and I watched every pitch until the Padre's homer in the 13th inning. I was depressed, so I flipped off the TV, turned it off and went to sleep. Then, this morning, I heard Dorrie whooping downstairs after hearing that the Rox pulled off a miracle in the bottom of the inning. I missed it all. But it is a great story and I can't wait until tomorrow's game.
Fam Guy said…
Mike, you weren't alone, I'm sure. I even considered (not for long), leaving, myself. Several people did leave, mostly those with kids, and they caught alot of crap from fans. Once it was over, MANY of us hung around, inhaling the atmosphere and savoring the moment. 'Tis one of those experiences that will stay with me forever. A new, 'rocking chair memory'.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?