Surprise, surprise

WASHINGTON - A study by two nonprofit journalism organizations found that President Bush and top administration officials issued hundreds of false statements about the national security threat from Iraq in the two years following the 2001 terrorist attacks.
The study concluded that the statements "were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses." Gollee, who woulda thunk? Bush would lie? 935 times according to the independent journalists study. Huh? Seemed like more than that to me.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lying, cheating, stealing and murdering isn't enough to warrant any action. Somebody needs to give this guy a blowjob so he'll get into REAL trouble.
Fam Guy said…
Well said, Mike. Where's Monica now that we need her?
Nicole said…
It's posts like these that keep me coming back for more. I think you may hate Bush as much as I do! The sad thing is I'm Canadian so I can't vote in this upcomming election. I knew I should have tried to get my citizenship earlier...
Fam Guy said…
Thank you, Nicole. It is people like you that keep me posting. Again,,, Thank you...
Anonymous said…
Now come on folks......this is a good "Christian", I'm told by all my Conservative friends. This man wouldn't lie to 'merica. Our "goberment" is the most honest in the world! We must take this on "faith"....that's the 'merican way. Bush was bought and paid for (oops) elected (oops) appointed to be our president, despite hanging "chads", Jeb Bush, defective voting machines with no paper trail, and Ohio. Gall darn it, we should be prouder than the prize winnin' pig at the 4H! We got 'er goin' on.
Fam Guy said…
You got a way with words, LadyJ..
Anonymous said…
well shucks, ya'all made me blush. Not braggin', but I WAS a journalism student and wrote for the Campus High newspaper my senior year, way back in 1966. My column was Au Go Go West (my maiden name) and it was the disco era. I was voted Miss Personality and Wittiest of my class. There are a few cobwebs in the cranium, but as Larry the Cable guy so eloquently puts it, I "git 'er done."

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?