Close calls as a kid

Just remembered, that as youngsters, we had (real) bows and arrows from a very early age. When we'd tire of target practice, and terrorizing the local birds and frogs, we'd go to a nearby open field, and shoot the arrows straight up, marvelling at high they would go. Occasionally, we would lose sight of an arrow and kinda freak out. I would then stand staight up, making myself the smallest possible target, My friend Randy Britton, however, emulating war movies, I guess, would throw himself flat on the ground. I remember it took quite awhile to convince him of the error of his ways. Luckily, none of us got hit, but sometimes it was pretty close.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?