Wish I had a picture,

for this post, but I don't, cause Carol threw it away. It was a GREAT pic, of me, surrounded by about 10 topless girls. REALLY. 'Twas in the early 70's, again, and Ranny and Mike Reifeis and I drove to Sedalia MO, for a 3 day festival. Don't remember a whole lot about it, but do remember Wolfman Jack was the MC, and Skynard, Ted Nugent and the Allman Bros, were among a bunch of good bands. Anyway, what I DO remember is that it was hot and sunny and lots of hippie girls were running around topless. Poor things had parts of their bodies hangin' out that had never seen the sun and they were getting sunburned. We had gotten there early, and had set up a neat backpack camp near the stage. Being the humanitarian I am, I felt pity for the sweet young things and dug out a half bottle of Coppertone. Put out a sign that read, "Free Lotion for Sunburned Boobs". Of course, it had to be applied 'just right', and that was MY job. Went thru the entire half bottle, and hopefully prevented some 'melanoma of the mammaries'. Had forgotten about it, until prompted to share some old stories. You out there, Ranny? Remember that trip and the Coppertone?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh that's a keeper..."Mammeries, light the corners of my mind."
Jaime said…
THIS story I remember from the time that it happened. Nobody else would've had the nerve to do it, but you did and got away with it!
Anonymous said…
Yeah, you had the nerve, but you really didn't get away with it!

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?