Finally 'pulled the trigger'


on our trip to Paris. We've been talking about it for years, and seriously for months, and though I don't really feel like I deserve it, at the moment, Carol does, so we're headed out in a few weeks. Had found some good deals on flights and hotels, but while we thought and discussed the pros and cons, they filled up, SOOO, when this one came along, flying Lufthansa and staying at Hotel Elysees Union, I jumped on it and am very glad I did. Average rating of 4.5 of 5 on Yahoo reviews. Right off the Champs Elyses, midway between the Eifel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. Flight and hotel NEARLY paid for by Smart car deal, which was made in France, so it seemed appropriate. Any and all tips and suggestions from those who have been there appreciated.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you asked for advice? whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not in any way shape or form, state to anyone you are an American! The French detest Americans. Hope you aren't planning on making friends with the locals, especially where you're staying. I'd buy another pair of shoes too. No crocs.
Anonymous said…
Yay! I'm so glad you guys are doing this. And, I have to disagree with LadyJ - I found the Parisians to be very friendly and helpful. They don't deserve their bad reputations!
Anonymous said…
The best advice I ever recieved before traveling was from Brian: Take suggestions from people who have been, but remember that this is your trip, your once in a lifetime, and you need to do what makes you happy, and what you want. See what you want to see and have no regrets when you return.
-hb-

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?