Finally got to Houston,

and checked in at Candlewood Suites, where I had a lengthy reservation, and found out that since I didn't honor my original reservation, on the 14th, (there was no power, water, phone or internet) I lost my confirmed reservation to a crew of Public Service, (elec power) guys. Candlewood (Evon) bumped my (confirmed) price from $82 to $119, for the one night I am allowed (maybe 2, IF they have a room.) Am too numb to be pissed. Will cost me most of a day when I have none to lose. Got claims to see, (and write) tomorrow, then gotta find a place to live. What a way to make a living...

Comments

Anonymous said…
They'll do it to ya' every time. It's the almighty dollar that speaks, not common courtesy. It means nothing these days. Businesses don't give a tinker's dam about serving the public good. They care little about respect. Just make that buck......

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?