Quite a day

As I left, Lafayette, I could see and feel the fron edge of Ike. Had decided to head north around Houston, but when I got to Beaumont and couldn't find any gas, cause all the stations were closed. I called the Texas State Patrol and asked where I could find some gas, they told me, and while I had 'em on the phone, asked about driving thru Houston. They said it would be easy, as Houston was closed, SO, I breezed right on thru, and drove right on to San Antone. Gotta get unpacked, etc, so will get back later, maybe.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good luck in Texas - we're following Ike on the news here. Looks like a doozy. :(
Anonymous said…
Received a call from my daughter in Salado, saying there were huge amt. of evacuees in that area, staying in community ctrs and using school gyms for bathing, etc. There is no bottled H20 to be found anywhere in that area now. Salado is around the Killeen, Ft. Hood Tx. area.
Cara works for the Killeen School system in the safety division. Her boss is in charge of all of the evacuees. They are using school buses to transport from community ctrs to school gyms bathing.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?