Turned a corner today,

that usually takes a lot longer to get to. After working with the TV on in the background, I have come to see how lucky I am. They showed the long lines of people, waiting in the sun, some for over 12 hours, to get an application for food stamps, only to stand in another line, for about as long, to get from $14 to $30 worth. People came out crying when they heard what they got. People with kids, babies, old folks, and some even passed out. This is gonna get ugly(er). There are SO many people that had so little and now have nothing. Houston crossed a milestone today, and got power to 50% of the people. Tha means nearly 2 million DON'T have power, and haven't, for a week. Food in the fridge spoiled long ago. Nearly all businesses in the affected areas are shut down, so people can't work, even if they want to. Traffic is a mess, and today, I lost cell phone usage for several hours in the middle of the day, cause the network was overloaded. BUT, the good news, my attitude has vastly improved. Am getting more comfortable with the system, the roads, and beginning to realize how I am truly one of the lucky ones in this town, or any other town, for that matter. I also had a real close call on a roof today, which is gonna make me be a lot safer, which is always a good idea. Anyway, team, thanks for the support. It has definitely helped. Later...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Don't take this as a Bible Thumper, but, I'm going to quote a little scripture here, hoping you will remind yourself each day before you go out:
"May the Lord bless and protect you; may the Lord's face radiate with joy because of you; may He be gracious to you, show you His favor, and give you His peace." Amen
Fam Guy said…
Thanks, lady. I have been blessed way beyond my ability to comprehend. The spirit has been with me, and leading the way. I got some powerful people praying for me, obviously. This experience has really opened my eyes to the spiritual side of life, and how I need to stay in touch with it, to enjoy the blessings.
Anonymous said…
As the old saying goes, there's a reason, a season, and a lifetime. There are no coincidences in life. You're seeing what you're supposed to be seeing and experiencing what you're supposed to be experiencing and learning what you're supposed to be learning. It's all part of this Earth School I told you about way back when. The Spirit moves in ways beyond our wildest imagination and catches us when we least expect it. How little we know of the Power of our Creator. Now you go out there and touch others!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?