Not sure what

triggered it, but was thinking about an old friend that I went to school with, and some of the adventures we shared. Dick was originally a pharmacist, got bored with it, got his law degree, then specialized in pharmaceutical law, taught it at the Univ of Wyoming, and is now doing quite well as a highly paid 'expert' in court cases. Also, I should mention, that at the age of about 35, or so, Dick suffered from a rare disease, where ALL his hair fell out, and never grew back. And I mean ALL of it, including including eyebrows, eyelashes, etc. Anyway, one of the stories I thought of, last night, was when we were starving students in our second or third year in college. I mean, we were HUNGRY, and had almost NO money. So, we pooled our cash, about 75 cents, bought a couple gallons of gas and decided to go pheasant hunting, even though it was not pheasant season. We finally got one, and cleaned and boned it in the field, so there was no evidence, and took it to my folks house, to cook it. We had the strips of meat, and saw a deep frier, and decided to roll it in flour and deep fry it. BUT, it turned black, not golden, and tasted kinda strange. Good, but very different. We FINALLY realized we had rolled it in powdered sugar, not flour. I think we ate it all. though. As I said, we were HUNGRY. Reminds me of another time we got really hungry....

Comments

ladyj said…
that's a good one LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?