Sure gonna miss Steve from Texas,

who occasionally comments on my blog. I may have pissed him off. SO, we probably won't get any more pearls of wisdom, like:

'Follow the money', is good advice in politics, BUT, not for Bush/Cheney and oil $, because, 'No mature adult' could believe they used their office to raise the price of oil. RRIIIGHTTTT...

Texas didn't profit from the 7-fold spike in oil prices, (with ALL their wells, refineries, etc.), and the price of oil had NOTHING to do with demise of Detroit. (when filling you tank went from under $20, to over $80). RRRIIIGHTTT....

The US had nothing to do with Saddam rising to power in Iraq. (Just hundreds of millions of dollars in weapons and cash and intelligence.), BUT pre-emptive war, based on lies, (not Bush's fault) was the right thing to do.

FOXNews is the only agency you can trust to be Fair and Balanced.

The current recession/depression is the fault of Dems/Obama, NOT Bush and the Repubs who had power from 2000-2008.

Bush was unfairly hounded by the liberal media.

And so on and so on....

Sure gonna miss him and his 'wisdom'. Steve's obviously not stupid, as he is somewhat literate, BUT, how can a person look at the obvious facts and just ignore those that don't fit with their pre-conceived reality. I just don't understand.

Comments

Shanel said…
oh darn... well you will get a replacement ... I'm sure of it:)
ladyj said…
Guess we hurt his feelings, FG. Darn shame, too, I sure like taking on former military, having lived the life. Those brain washed types are soooo easy and fun. Mom, flag, and apple pie. Little do you realize, you're apt to die.
Steve said…
Are you quoting me in this blog post? I don't think so, because I don't see many quote marks. Most of it is you putting words in my mouth. Because you sure have it wrong. One reason I find it hard to debate you.

for example, you claim I said that Texas did not profit from the spike in oil prices. What I said was that our economy is more diversified now that it was in 1980, so it did not quite have the wide-spread affect you think. But for a time, the increase in oil and gas lease payment we payments my wife's family receives was a nice bonus. About 90 percent of the folks in Texas who paticipate in oil and gas are middle class.

You really know how to twist my meaning to suit your own, dont' you.

Here's another: FOXNews is the only agency you can trust to be Fair and Balanced.

I never said that.

BTW, I like Ron Paul also. But don't make any more of than that...pretty soon you'll have it twisted around some how.

I hate getting mis-quoted. Can you see why I'm getting the sense this is a waste of my time.

But I supposed I'm just "brain washed and like a fence post," huh?
Fam Guy said…
Steve. I admit I never heard a direct quote from you about FOX, but you tend to parrot their issues. If I'm wrong, I apologize. The Detroit statement was directly from you, and the entire Texas oil profit thng, was from your your blog, where you touted Texas prosperity vs, Detroit's problems. My point? It's blood money for TX, cuz Bush/Cheney (the Big Oil guys) lied us into a war that skyrocketed the price of oil, which was Detroit's demise. And the fence post quote? You're the only one to compare yourself to that, BUT, if the shoe fits...

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?