First time I ever called 911, today,

and I feel kinda stupid. Was filling the hot tub, and happened to be at the elec service box, which is near a window well, and noticed a HUGE flow of water going into the the window well. I shut off the water to the house, and it didn't stop. Didn't know what to do and called 911, apologizing cuz it wasn't a true emergency, but I needed the city to turn off the water, at the street. She said OK, and she would transfer my call to right people. I finally noticed there was another turn off to my house, did it, and the water stopped pouring in, BUT, that was 20 minutes later, and the 'emergency guys' never showed up, to turn off my water. Luckily, I wasn't in danger of drowning, cuz I woulda. I cancelled the 911 call, and she couldn't believe no one had called or shown up. Oh well, I learned something, I guess...

Comments

Shanel said…
EMS workers sometimes SUCK... sorry they didn't arrive--- even though it turned out to be a false alarm. Glad you're ok.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?