No, I'm not shocked,

that during the Bush/Cheney/Big Oil years, that oil field inspectors regularly accepted lavish gifts and trips from the very industry they were paid to inspect, AND, would apply for positions with the companies they were 'policing' during their inspections, BUT, even I am a bit surprised that they would routinely drop off inspection forms that were filled out by the big oil boys 'in pencil', then the guys in charge of protecting us, would trace over them in ink. But hey, when oil went from under $20 to over $140/bbl, and it cost all us suckers $90, instead of $25, to fill the tank,there was a LOT of extra $$$ to pass around. This is after Cheney lowered the standards for 'blow out' protection to make drilling more profitable for his henchmen. No Shit. Look it up. Thanks W....

Comments

Mule Skinner said…
The more I read your column, the more I realize that you are more than an "ol' fart foolin' around." Your insights are thought provoking. Keep up the good work.
ladyj said…
Please,. Don't make it worse for the rest of us Mule Skinner...his head is big enough as it is. His name should be EGO Guy.
Marlene said…
You.are.so.right.

(I was blog surfing and came across your blog.)
Fam Guy said…
Not sure if Marlene is referrring to me or LadyJ. I'm guessing me. Not sure what Lady's problem is...
ladyj said…
Problem? I haven't a problem. Have you a problem?

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?