Lately, I been reading


several different authors, trying to find one worthy of my time and effort. Jeffry Deaver was pretty good, for the first book, but, after the second one, isn't worth pursuing. James Patterson's new book isn't too bad, but he has gone downhill lately. I even started a Garrison Keillor, but quit half way through, as he muddled on. Now, the good news. Lee Child, who, like Nelson DeMille, will spoil you for lesser writers, has a new book that I got on the waiting list for, at the library, months ago. '61 Hours' is his latest, and now that I am about 2/3 of the way through it, one of his better ones, which is saying a lot. Don't know how it's gonna end, and am blowing through it way too fast, but that's what I do when a great author has me in his sway. Lean, sparse writing, no wasted words and a mood that is totally absorbing. Lee Childs, and his creation, Jack Reacher, as an ex-MP who gets tangled up in some interesting stuff. The bad thing? I've read all his books and they are over a year apart. All I can do is enjoy this one, and try to ration it out. Easier said than done.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have you read any of the Stieg Larsson books (The Girl With The Dragon Tatto etc.)? I've heard they're pretty good.
-hb-
Anonymous said…
I am on the 2nd of the Stieg Larsson books and I think they are pretty good! Cyndi
Fam Guy said…
Checked em out in the bookstore today and like the fact it's part of a trilogy, with 'The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest', as the third, and now it's the #1 bestseller on the NYT list. Will definintely check it out

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?