The Twin Towers,


used to be in the center of this view, which we got on the way to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, which really made the journey of our ancestors seem real. They came over here with NOTHING, and finally made it to Nebr where they struggled for many years. Just three generations back, they didn't even speak English, just German (my mom and Carol's dad) and Swedish (Carol's mom and my dad). We've come a long way in less than 100 years. ALSO, I can't imagine being in NYC, on 9/11/2001....

Comments

ladyj said…
Now there's a place I'd love to visit...Ellis Island. The stories I've read and features I've seen about it's history. My goodness, how overwhelming it would be. I know how it was when I traveled to Indiana and found the graves of my ggg grandparents!!! They migrated from Syracuse, New York in 1844.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?