Gotta include their sister, Mary,


when I talk about my cousins, Vaughn and Elliott. Mary was (is?) probably the most beautiful (sorry, Carol) woman I have ever actually met, in my life. AND, she is my cousin. It was so much fun to go out in public, with her, and watch guys just stop and stare. She had the biggest green eyes, long blonde hair and the most amazing..... (never mind). I flew over to Hawaii and stayed with her, and her (not) husband, but father of her two boys, David Lema. David is the son of Champagne Tony Lema, former Ryder Cup Golf Team Captain, who was killed in a plane crash, at the top of his career. David lived on Mauna Kea, ( or was it Mauna Loa?), on the Big Island of Hawaii. He made his living hustling golf with the locals and tourists who thought they were good. ( Iwas inspired, to try something new). We played free golf (he was a local celeb) for 2 days and had a great time. My main memories are of a near hole-in-one I had, over the ocean, with a 6 iron, and a Spam/pineapple pizza we had one night. They later moved to Couer d'Alene, Idaho, and are still there, I think. Kinda lost touch, BUT, I need to reconnect. Anyway, those are my 3 cuz's. Hadn't thought of them for a while. Gotta find a picture of Mary. She was very famous, locally, when she first moved to Idaho. Her car slid into the lake, on an icy road and was submerged in about 18 ft of water. Witnesses were shocked when swam out, then dove back into the icy water. She didn't want to lose her purse. No shit! 'Twas in all the local papers at the time.

Comments

ladyj said…
you must be very proud, Viking!

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?