Nebraska the good life, IF,


you enjoy living inside a sauna. Just returned from visiting the folks, in Kearney. They are doing very well considering they are in their late 80's. I AM gonna insist they get a wheelchair lift installed next to the front porch. It is just too scary to watch mom try to navigate the steps with her walker. Dad wouldn't be much help, but I'm sure he'd try, if she started to fall. Set up the phone answering machine with a real msg, instead of, 'what do I do next', that has been on it for about a year. Also explained how to operate the DVD player, and wrote it all down, so they can actually watch the DVD's they have. Sat through the TV volume set on 'earsplitting', which is how they watch their FOXNews, and held on, white-knuckled, (Carol got car-sick), as my father drove his Buick, All in all a pretty good trip, but I don't realize how I survived that oppressive heat/humidity in my youth. Didn't know any better then, I guess, and am now spoiled by Colorado, but still don't understand how people can live in that body and spirit killing, sauna-type weather.

Comments

ladyj said…
If your mother is using a walker, why not have a ramp built. Call the local Ability Center or Job And Family Services in their community and ask about a contractor with the qualifications to build a ramp. Has to to built to code.
Fam Guy said…
They don't want a ramp.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?