Of all the shows


I put on the DVR, then watch at my convenience, my favorite is 'Deadliest Catch', the true story of the guys that fish the Bering Sea for crab. I used to think that $18/lb was REALLY expensive. Now, I think it is a bargain, after seeing what these guys go through, to fill the tanks. This season was even more REAL, as one of my favorite guys, Capt Phil, died. Lots of hard work, suffering and injuries, but Phil was the first of the TV crew to actually die. Pretty tough way to make a living. Lotta widows and orphans up there....

Comments

ladyj said…
Are you kidding me??? Talk about a blubbering idiot during those final episodes when Phil had his stroke. I've watched Deadiest Catch since it began; Time Bandit, Wizard, Northwestern, Cornelia Marie. By far, Phil Harris was my favorite Captain, followed by Sig Hansen. Did you see the tribute episode? I'd love to have one of his bird houses. What a guy!
Fam Guy said…
Haven't seen it yet, but plan to. Used to like Sig, but he seems pretty heartless. Keith is even worse. If I HAD to work a boat, it would be under Capt Andy, on the Time Bandit.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?