Finally finished

(pic is Rooney Mara, who will play Lisbeth Salander in the movie series)
'The Girl Who Played with Fire', by Steig Larsson, whose books are runaway best sellers, after reading Girl w/Dragon Tattoo, and gotta say, these books ARE good, but not as good as I expected, for all the pub they get. Will wait for 'The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest' to come out in paperback, and will read that, too. I judge a book by how easy/hard it is to put down, and how much I care about the characters. These books go over the top with a convoluted plot and way too many characters, that I think will be difficult to make into an interesting movie, but he does tie up the pieces at the end. The Swedish setting is interesting and gotta admit I now want me want to visit. On the other hand, we are now over half way through the 4th season of 'Lost'. Gonna be a real shame when that's over. This will forever be known the 'lost' summer, but we have sure enjoyed it. Will be real interesting to see how they wrap it all up. Can't imagine watching it in 'real time' with all the waiting...

Comments

ladyj said…
I'd like to know where these folks, stranded on an island found all these weapons, clothing, other people, etc. I never watched the programs, but saw many of the "teasers". Never made much sense to me> Why would a fat guy remain fat, living on an island? Unless it's Fantasy Island.
Fam Guy said…
Not easily explained....
ladyj said…
And then at some point in the series, they left the island -how I don't have a clue- only to miss it and return????? Give me a break!!

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?