Was watching late nite TV,


and came across a 'Jethro Tull' concert. I caught Aqualung and Cross-eyed Mary, if you remember those. Pretty amazing that these guys still rock like this, at their age, esp Ian Anderson playing his amazing flute, and some hot guitar licks. I remember the guitarist, (but not his full name), cuz when I was working the shows I was wearing a really nice embroidered denim shirt that Carol had done for me, and Mick offered, more than once, to buy it from me, but I was never seriously tempted to sell. The embroidery grew over the years as even I added some stuff to it. Still have it as a matter of fact, though it is a little snug on me, these days. Hadn't thought of them or the shirt for MANY years, but watching the concert brought back a bunch of memories from the mid/early 70's. Pretty crazy time. JT had the same opening act for every tour over the years, Steeleye Span, with Maddy Pryor and her psychedelic dresses under the black/strobe lights. Amazing....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great story! I enjoy hearing about your working experience with musicians!
Carol is a very talented lady!
Cyndi
ladyj said…
See, I told you that you should tell more stories of your past...the bands you roadied , built stages, the"pilgrimages" you and your friends set out on, hunting trips, forays into the vast regions of the '60s, '70s and beyond. You're a walking treasury of adventure, Stevo. I've told you many times, people love this stuff.
Fam Guy said…
OK, good idea. Instead of BS political stuff, I may reach back in the recesses of my brain and come up with some rock 'n roll tour stories. I guess my kids are old enough to hear some of them now. May start with the road trip I took w/Ranny to a 3 day festival in Sedalia (or Salida?) Missouri, where Wolfman Jack was the MC and Ted Nugent helicoptered in. NOOO, can't tell those stories...
ladyj said…
I'm certain your kids are old enough to realize that you were a "freespirit" in "those days". Even strait laced folk like John Denver "partied" You just didn't bite the heads off bats! Look at many of our legends, living and dead; they've had a really "good" time. Our forefathers dove into the snuff boxes. How do you thing Coca cola became so popular? Tell the stories POP, you have some real good ones!!
Anonymous said…
Did you meet Wolfman Jack? Share your adventures, Steve!
Cyndi

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?