Have started a new book,


and really like it. 'A Walk in the Woods', by Bill Bryson. Thanks again, Laura. Sort of a Dan Hiasson way of looking at the world, but instead of Florida, he's hiking the Appalachian Trail. Not many books make me laugh out loud, but this one does, in between all the stories of suffering and deprivation, as our heroes trudge up and down hills, in bear and hillbilly country. I thought I could, maybe, do something like this, BUT, have decided reading about it is about as close as I'm gonna get. Got a long way to go, but so far I'm really enjoying the journey.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I loved this book! Most of B. Bryson's books are pretty good!
Cyndi

I would love to bike/walk on the A. Trail someday!
ellebee said…
Glad you're liking it! He is a wonderfully funny writer.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?