It's finally over,


and I'm gonna really miss it. Saw the final, (#125), episode of 'Lost', this afternoon. Amazing TV series that will never be duplicated. Can't begin to explain it, and we have been discussing it for the last half hour, over cocktails on the deck. Can't wait to talk with the kids and share thoughts and questions. Probably not for everyone, BUT, if you have some time to escape into an altermate reality, with classic 'good vs evil', it's like nothing I've ever seen. If you read the Stephen King, 'Dark Tower' series, that is about as close as it gets. The same kinda feeling after it's over. A huge letdown, after being on a long, mind-bending, adventurous ride. Not many rides like this. Am really gonna miss it, and can't imagine anything like it, ever again. The writers deserve whatever accolades they get. Just can't imagine anyone having an imagination like that. It took 6 years to develop, and I'm sure they 'went with the flow' as new ideas presented themselves. Amazing TV....

Comments

ladyj said…
And the fat guy never lost a pound!
Fam Guy said…
True, but they explain it, and he was one of my favorite characters. No one ever really did without food, or any other necessities. You had to be there....
ladyj said…
I could never quite understand why these people were in such a hurry to leave this god forsaken island, just to return, then in the finale, they get the plane started, fly away and then have a reunion???? Some hated each other's guts, shot each other, had affairs, conspired against one another....Twlight Zone time.
Famguy said…
Sorta like a FOX fan, you have just enuff knowledge to be dangerous, but really don't have a clue.
ladyj said…
That statement hit a nerve. Never said I had a clue to Lost. I only watched the previews. Was not a fan of the series because it was nonsensical, much like watching FOXNEWS and men hitting a ball with sticks and trying to get that ball in a round hole.
ladyj said…
Ya' know, my first husband was alot like you...when he didn't know the answer, he'd come up with some BS , just as you did, just to make himself look superior and me a jackass. I wasn't to fond of it then, either. That's one reason he's not my husband anymore......
Fam Guy said…
The 'not a clue' comment was about your incomplete knowledge of the show. You know a little about Lost, and have formed opinions, BUT, unless you have actually followed the whole thing, 'don't have a clue' about what made it so good. Sorry if I cam across wrong, (I do that sometimes) but was meant to be a dig at Fox fans, not you. I can see why your first husband split..... C'mom lady, laugh. It's s'posed to be a joke.
ladyj said…
FG...he didn't split, I did. Sometimes in life, you get tired of beating your head against a brickwall and I did that for 14 years. I found myself without self-worth, self confidence, and self esteem. You have any idea what's that like? Didn't think so. Emotional abuse does that to a person. So I formulated a plan of action, got myself a job, bought myself a car, rented myself an apartment and walked away. Did not ask for any support. Took with me, a bed, dresser, set of dishes, a few pots and pans and my clothing. Started over.
Fam Guy said…
Good for you. The joke part was, 'no wonder he split'. Guess it's not something to kid about. I can be SO inappropriate, but sometimes that beats being boring. Not sure, though. Sorry about anything being taken the wrong way, including the 'not a clue', which would apply to anyone who didn't watch the series. Jeez. I'm spending way too much time apologizing.....
ladyj said…
It's called hoof & mouth disease : open mouth, insert foot & and chew vigorously. Apology accepted. Please don't assume....case closed.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?