Another fantastic

Thanksgiving get together at Nate and Laura's this year. Piper wasn't quite used to all the people in HER house and took a little while to 'welcome' everyone, but she came around, shortly. With 2 sets of grandparents, 7 aunts and uncles, plus guests, it was a few more faces than she was used to, but, once she realized there were lots of goodies and no shortage of people to spoil her, all was well. The hosts provided the main course and guests brought piles of food, enough for left-overs for all to take, BUT, in one of the worst catastrophes of modern time, Carol and I didn't get any turkey, in our take-home. Can't tell you how it happened or how disappointed I was when I went to the fridge, and nada. I think I had tears in my eyes, but tried to hide it, as Ted and Kari came over and we watched CU take their final beating from Nebr, before they both change conferences. The good news? Couldn't get my (CU) bet in with Vegas Tolly, so that saved me something. The bad news? I still can't win at Settlers of Catan. They gang up against me, as always, just more subtly, as I get old and feeble.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Maybe we gang up on you because we see you as a threat.... or maybe just because it's fun :)
-hb
ellebee said…
Sorry you didn't get any turkey! :(
Old Gal said…
Was a great Thanksgiv.- ya whiner-your lovely wife cooked you a whole turkey Saturday & you've totally pigged out since, your breath even smells like a turkey sandwich most of the time! Like the carcass pix
ladyj said…
this was worth waiting for..thanks old gal!!!!!!!!!
Fam Guy said…
See what I mean? As the old song says, 'Why's everybody always pickin on me?' Looks like I complained enuff to get a whole turkey. Not bad, huh?

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?