After careful consideration,

I feel like I need to restate something. I am definitely not qualifed to state, for certain, one way or another, anything about spiritual matters. Any opinions I have, are in a constant state of flux, but I realize that I can't claim to KNOW anything for sure (unlike some people) about 'higher powers'. I would love to think that there is a loving God watching out for me and would pull strings in my favor. I do know, that just cuz I can't prove it to myself, I  shouldn't close my mind to the possiblity. I know I have 'believed' during my life, and those have been some of the best times, but, was it because I 'wanted' to believe? I don't know, but definitely possible. As far as the Bible, it is a holy book that I don't understand, and don't claim to. There's lots of 'good' in it, but also a lot that is obviously wrong. Hopefully, some day it will all become clear, but 'til then, I just don't know for sure, in my frail human mind. My hope is that I will gain some spiritual truth, cuz I thought I would by time in my life, but am not gonna put my brain on a shelf, and throw out all logic and rational thought.

Comments

ladyj said…
It's not fire and brimstone and judgement. If you knew that an individual willingly gave his life so that you could have freedom from death, would you appreciate that gift? Would you love that individual for the sacrifice given on your behalf? That's what it's all about, bro. Would you be willing to say, I thank you for giving your life for me, so that I can be free of death and I believe you did die for me. Because it did happen. The death of Christ abolished the old Jewish laws that no longer worked. It brought about SALVATION by GRACE. Jesus became the blood of the Lamb, the sacrifice for all of mankind, even the Jews. Jesus is the only one who was born, died, was raised from the dead, and ascended into Heaven to sit at the right hand of His Father. All other religious prophets have never done that. That is how much our Father loves us and it is our choice and our decision to accept that gift of grace or reject it. That's it in a nutshell. If you wish to believe the Bible is a bunch to myths and fairy tales, that's your thing, but Salvation is REAL, my friend. Accept or reject.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?