As always, I started this Sunday,

                     (pic of NCAR, south Boulder, from SW Broomfield)

by watching The Sunday Morning Show, with Charles Gibson. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/08/sunday/main20060870.shtml
Always interesting. Today they started off with a just completed Gallup Poll, with over 350,000 participants from across the country, that showed the 'happiest' town in the US, based on wide ranging criteria, was Boulder, Colorado. Not the first or last poll showing that. For many reasons, Boulderites had the highest % of well-being, compared to the rest of the country. Nothing new here, but it is nice to have it recognized. As someone who has traveled, and lived all over our great country, I can say there is no place like it, in SO many ways. From the clean, crisp air, postcard views and just plain 'higher quality' people, there's a reason this small part of the world, 'surrounded by reality', has the most contented, healthiest and best educated citizenry anywhere. Oh yes, there's also, 'the weather', and enlightened attitudes. As always, feel free to visit, but don't stay, there's just not room for many more, and I'd hate to see it change.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your sure proud of that pervert-infested berg.
Fam Guy said…
Proud? Yeah, I guess I am, that I chose a great place to raise a family, and it's been validated. AND, if I would ever have temporary insanity, I could sell my home here, and buy 2 or 3 where you are. Texas or Nebr? Never mind, no chance, BUT, that opportunity exists, and it's nice to have CHOICES, that some don't have. One more thing, if I gotta explain Boulder mentality, you wouldn't understand it.
Anonymous said…
Just keep drinking the kool aid. We see how it works.
Ranny said…
Hey SteveO, I keep forgetting... what part of Nebraska are you from
Fam Guy said…
Is it you giving me sh*t? Am from Kearney.
Fam Guy said…
BTW, if being educated, healthy and non-Republican, makes us 'perverts', then yes, we are.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?