For the first time in 40 years,

(pic from 2008, I think)

it's opening weekend of elk season, and I'm not hunting, in the mountains. Nate, Matt and Hunter are, though, and hopefully they're having a great hunt. Weather's perfect, which is always nice. Hopefully next weekend will be spent turning lean, organic protein into little white packages of burger, stew meat and loin. Does seem kind of strange not to be up there, but hopefully I'll draw next year, as I'll have a 'preference point'. If things are on schedule, this afternoon they'll be listening to the Bronco game while they fill coolers with a few hundred pounds of boneless meat. Hope they remember how to do it without me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?