Yesterday it was 80 degrees,

and now it's starting to drizzle, which is supposed to turn into snow, soon. 10-20 inches around here they say, but who knows. Seems about right, cuz we leave for elk hunting in a couple of days, and it always seems to happen about the same time. Am getting too old for this stuff, as it seems more like work every year, (just try hauling an elk uphill at 12,000 ft), but can't imagine actually NOT going,even though that was my plan until just a few days ago. Good excuse to get out of the house and spend quality time w/Nate, Matt and, for the first time, Hunter, Matt's son.  Always seems to be some kind of 'rocking chair memory' involved, and hopefully it's GOOD memories again this year. Never seems to be boring, though.

Comments

Jaime said…
Brrrr. . . what do you sleep in?
Fam Guy said…
This year is WAY different, cuz I said I wasn't going, cuz there's not room in the pop up for four, which is heated at night. SO, I'm a last minute addition and I'm sleeping in my SUV. Could be a real COLD adventure.
Fam Guy said…
Didn't draw an elk tag this year, so wan't planning on going, but is always good to have an extra body along to haul 'em out. Yup, I'm an idiot.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?