According to my Kindle,

where pages aren't numbered, I'm 36% finished with 'The Help'. Had heard good things, but it took a little while to get into it, because of the style of writing, as in how a 'colored' maid would speak, in the early sixties, in the deep South. BUT, once I became accustomed to the style, I was hooked. It is told with several 'points of view', by the help, and those they work for. A look into a world that is totally foreign to me, growing up in a mid-sized town in Nebraska. It's one of those books that I want to take my time with, and savor. Hard to believe it is the first work of a young author, and it was turned down 60 times by various publishers. I just hope it stays as interesting all the way to the end. I've found it's always easier to start writing a book than it is to finish it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?