Went to an intimate reception,

Sat night in Omaha, after the Phoenix wedding of Terri and Dennis Hirschbrunner's daughter, Britanny, with over 300 of their closest friends, at the Omaha Hilton. Absolutely fantastic, over the top party, with at least 5 open bars and a sit down dinner that included filet mignon AND stuffed chicken breast, so you wouldn't have to be forced to choose. We sat at the family table, near the mayor of Omaha, (who used to work with Dennis at HDR) whom I thought was an imposter when we were first introduced. When he gave me his card, to prove it, I laughed and said. 'Pretty cheesy, Jim Rockford made better ones in his car.' When he still claimed to 'really' be the mayor, he asked why I didn't believe him, and I said it was because he was introduced as a Democrat, and I knew that couldn't be true in Nebraska. He laughed, said NE is 'starting to see the light', gave me his 'personal' card and we had a great time. A fantastic party, with an amazing, 11 piece band, the Confidentials. Thanks, Terri and Dennis, for a great memory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?