'Bout died this afternoon,

when I was on the back deck, relaxing with a glass of wine about 5;30, and a golf ball, missed my head by inches and slammed into the house, goin' about 300 mph. My heart stopped, and my body bounced off the ceiling, as the ball caromed off the wall and ricocheted into the living room, breaking a ceramic angel, on the far side of the room. Absolutely crazy, and seemingly impossible, but it happened. The perpetrator, an NFL linebacker lookin' guy, who was nice enough to come and face the music after he hit the ball into the house, apologized, and couldn't believe what had happened, and tried to pay for damages. I said no problem, we can glue it, and, being a golfer myself, I knew it was an accident. BUT, it was just crazy, and you had to see it to believe it. 14 years here, and nothing quite like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?