Interesting article today,

by Stephen Hawking, one of the most intelligent people that I know of.

Could your brain keep on living even after your body dies? Sounds like science fiction, but celebrated theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking recently suggested that technology could make it possible.
"I think the brain is like a program in the mind, which is like a computer," Hawking said last week during an appearance at the Cambridge Film Festival, The Telegraph reported. "So it's theoretically possible to copy the brain on to a computer and so provide a form of life after death."
He acknowledged that such a feat lies "beyond our present capabilities," adding that "the conventional afterlife is a fairy tale for people afraid of the dark."

Interesting concept, that I have considered, when I told my buddy Scott, while having a few beers, since we know that alcohol kills brain cells, that I was 'destryong evidence' that could be used against me, should there ever be a 'final judgement', that some people believe in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?