I know I quote Jon Stewart a lot,

but I consider him, (and Colbert), the best and brightest on TV, and the Emmy's agree with me. Last night he had a bit on 'Endangered Species', as in Repub Moderates, and how they have dwindled to almost nothing. Today, there is an article on AOL (In Search of Republican Grownups) that agrees with his premise.
'The leaders of the Republican Party, in full flight from their disastrous and juvenile shutdown stunt, now want to restock their ranks with grown-ups. “Let’s face it: it was not a good maneuver,” Senator Orrin Hatch of Utah told The Times recently. “You’ve got to have the adults running the thing.”
This, after other Repubs claim 'We can't be the stupid party anymore'.

As I've often said, the only reason I lean Dem is because the alternative is even worse, BUT, I'm not sure I want Dems to be in total control of all 3 branches of govt, as it looks like they will be, cuz the Pubs have been SO stupid and childish. Not that it matters what I think, but we could go from a situation where NOTHING gets done (Thanks a bunch, Party of NO), to one where 'too much' gets done, all because of the Teapublicans, who wrecked it for everyone. BUT, 'Dems in charge' is definitely the lesser of two evils, as the country definitely couldn't survive another administration like Bush. Remember 2008?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?