I guess I should have expected it,

after ALL the years in the sun, without sunscreen, but was still a bit of a shock. When I got my first physical after becoming eligible for Medicare (I'm OLD), the doc looked at a splotch on my arm and called the nurse, asking for his next available appt, so he could cut it out, ASAP. Today he removed a section a little over an inch by 5/8 inch, and sewed it up with 7 stitches. He said it was 50/50 that it was malignant, and we'd know in about a week. I thought it must be pretty common in people my age and asked how many he did, like this. He said one last year and this was the 2nd this year. Hmmm. It kinda got my attention.
PS. I wanted to distract myself while he cut it out, so looked at the music on my phone and decided on 'Comfortably Numb', (by Pink Floyd) which I hoped my arm was. My doc liked the choice and we listened together, while he cut and stitched. Am feeling a bit queasy now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?