Because I'm thrifty,

we sometimes look for 'deals' on Groupon, Living Social or other sites. I found an offer for 'The Reserve', on Lake Travis, in the hill country outside of Austin,TX, that I'd heard good things about (very highly rated on Trip Advisor), and since we'd never been to Austin, known as the island of sanity in the insane state of Texas, (also referred to as 'the blueberry in the bowl of tomato soup', by Gov Rick Perry) we decided to book a trip. We just wanted a quick 'getaway' and had airfare and car rental all lined up, when I spoke with Randi, at the resort, who explained there wouldn't be a lifeguard at the pool, cuz it was still 'off-season' and I said that was fine. When I asked about 'off-season' I also found out the pool bar was closed, as well as the main bar, AND the restaurant, BUT, you could cook in the cabin, in the microwave, BUT, the nearest 'open' restaurant was approx a 15 minute drive. Am SO glad I found out the 'details' on the bargain vacation BEFORE we got there. Randi did admit that some people were kind of 'upset' when they found everything closed. Wow, who da thunk?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?