I had mostly forgotten

what times were like, in the early 70's, when they were trying to send me (and most young men) to Viet Nam, and Mohammed Ali, formerly Cassius Clay, was stripped of his World Heavyweight Title, cuz he wouldn't fight in Nixon(R)'s bullshit war. Just saw the last part of  'Mohammed Ali's Greatest Fight', that I thought it was gonna be the 'Thrilla in Manila', or one of his other classics. BUT, it was about SCOTUS, debating his religious conscientious objector status, with an amazing cast, PLUS, lots of clips of his fights and interviews from the time. He was my hero, cuz he went to jail, rather than fold, and take part in a stupid war on the other side of the planet. As I've said many times, I thought that Viet Nam was such a terrible, obvious mistake, that it could NEVER happen again. Then we got 'GW and The Dick(R)'. For those of us who lived through those times, how could you have experienced all that, and LEARNED NOTHING? Those who can look back and say, 'Yup, I'm with Nixon and/or Bush ', is SO screwed up, I don't even want contact. Life is too short, to waste, with people with such a mindset.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?