Again, I gotta thank/apologize to my buddy, Dave Hardy

for ripping off his post today, but I think he really nails it. Well done, Dave.

P.S.  Apropos of nothing, I’d like to share today’s “Quote of the Day” from my 2016 day-by-day calendar as follows:

“I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don’t let anyone tell you different.”

-       Kurt Vonnegut

Without getting into heavy metaphysical and epistemological territory, I believe that Kurt pretty much hit it on the nose.  The Meaning of Life (IMHO) is to avoid premature death or serious injury (aka “Survival”), pull your own weight as much as possible (and share a bit with the less fortunate once you’ve achieved “excess capacity”) and to play nicely in the Sandbox of Life with your fellow humans (aka “The Golden Rule”) – all while seeking and attaining as much enjoyment, satisfaction and contentment as possible until your time is up.  Everything else (progeny, wealth, fame, “leaving a legacy”, etc.) is simply icing on the cake.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?