There are SO MANY of us that are just SICK about the election,

but I haven't seen anyone 'put it into words', like the San Antonio Spurs coach, Greg Popovich.

http://www.aol.com/article/sports/2016/11/12/gregg-popovich-goes-on-lengthy-rant-over-trumps-election-im/21604630/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl16%7Csec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D145856693_htmlws-main-bb

Gregg Popovich goes on lengthy rant over Trump's election: 'I'm sick to my stomach'

He said he's "disgusted" that voters were willing to brush aside Trump's "xenophobic, homophobic, racist, misogynistic" language during his campaign.
"It leaves me wondering where I've been living, and with whom I'm living," he said.
We would have scolded our kids. We would have had discussions until we were blue in the face trying to get them to understand these things. He is in charge of our country. That's disgusting."
It makes me feel so badly that the country is willing to be that intolerant and not understand the empathy that's necessary to understand other group's situations. I'm a rich white guy, and I'm sick to my stomach thinking about it. I can't imagine being a Muslim right now, or a woman, or an African American, a Hispanic, a handicapped person. How disenfranchised they might feel. And for anyone in those groups that voted for him, it's just beyond my comprehension how they ignore all of that. My final conclusion is, my big fear is — we are Rome."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?